Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week of April 9-15: 53 miles in 6 runs
  Monday: 8.3 miles at 7:47/mi.
  Tuesday: off
  Wednesday: 8.2 miles at 7:42/mi.
  Thursday: 10 miles at 7:34 on a treadmill
  Friday: 8.2 miles at 7:41/mi.
  Saturday: 3x2mile tempo intervals averaging 6:25/mi. with 2 min. rest in between
  Sunday: 8.7 miles at 7:34/mi.

After wasting last week by running too fast to recover from the Cherry Blossom race, and then resting on Sunday and Tuesday, I got back into the swing of things this week mainly by putting a lot of slower, easy miles into my legs. It felt great. On Saturday I was able to complete the tempo run that I had to abort last weekend, though not quite at the pace I aimed for (6:20). The first two intervals were almost on pace (6:22, 6:23), but the third one was further off (6:30). That's good enough, though, to kick off a short series of speed workouts that should get progressively faster leading up to the Pike's Peek 10k, while keeping my mileage up. On Saturday and Sunday this week I ran outside without my allergy mask for the first time since Cherry Blossom, and I wasn't up coughing last (Saturday) night. So maybe the worst of the Spring allergy season is over for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment