Saturday, July 7, 2012

WEEKLY SUMMARY (JULY 1-7): 45 miles (100% at easy pace)
  Sunday: 6.5 miles at 7:59/mi.
  Monday: 8 miles at 7:38/mi.
  Tuesday: 7.5 miles at 7:47/mi.
  Wednesday: off
  Thursday: 8 miles at 7:34/mi.
  Friday: 9 miles at 7:35/mi.
  Saturday: 6 miles at 7:56/mi.

This was an overdue recovery week with low mileage and only easy running. During the first half of the week we were packing both for being away for a month and for moving when we get back, so I was happy keeping my runs slow and relatively short. We left in the late morning on Tuesday and arrived in Athens on Wednesday morning, not having slept at all. The rest of the week we were recovering from traveling, which left me with a surprisingly stiff back, and from the seven hour time change. Apparently there is a record heat wave in DC right now, which I'm glad to be missing. It's hot in Athens too but not as hot as DC right now, and the humidity in Greece is always much lower than in DC. I've been up and running here by 6am, so heat has not been a problem and the low humidity feels great. There is a very long, flat coastal road about a half mile from where we stay in Athens (in the apartment of my wife's parents) where I run. It's easy and familiar. Next week we'll travel around a bit, but probably only to places we've been to before (since this is our first time being here with a toddler). It should be possible for me to fit in Daniels' workouts and to get my mileage back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment