Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week of Feb.27-March 4: 55 miles in 7 runs
  Monday: 7.3 miles pushing a stroller at 7:53/mi.
  Tuesday: 4x1mile at 6:30/mi. with 1 min. rest in between
  Wednesday: 8 miles on the treadmill at 7:30/mi.
  Thursday: 8.2 miles at 7:23/mi.
  Friday: 7.2 miles pushing a stroller at 8:01/mi.
  Saturday: 10x400meters at 1:21-22 with 400 meter jogs in between
  Sunday: 8.2 miles at 7:44/mi.

My cold came back mid-week, so I didn't get in a medium-long run (again) and needed to run 7 days in order to get back up to 55 miles for the week. But easing back into faster running went well this week, with some slowish tempo intervals on Tuesday and another repetition workout on Saturday. That very rep. workout (a bit faster) precipitated a hamstring injury several months ago, but I think the more general cause was that I suddenly went from having never done regular speedwork to doing two track workouts and often a short race every week. I made it about two months before getting injured. Now I realize that I need to ease more slowly into speedwork, and that I need more easy days between speed workouts, at least for now. If my cold stays at bay this coming week, I hope to get in a medium-long run (on Monday) and more tempo intervals before an 8k race next week - the first of four weekend races in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment