Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week of March 19-25: 30 miles in 4 days
  Monday: off
  Tuesday:  8.2 miles at 7:30/mi.
  Wednesday: off
  Thursday: 6.6 miles at 7:30/mi.
  Friday:  8.2 miles at 7:24/mi.
  Saturday: off
  Sunday: Chris4Life Scope It Out 5k race

Bad allergies sidelined me this week. I took off Monday anyway, but already I was sleeping badly because coughing was keeping me up much of the night. By Wednesday I had lost my voice and was having trouble believing that allergies could be so bad. On the hypothesis that maybe I was sick, I took another day off from running. But no, it's allergies. From Thursday through Saturday I subsisted on almost no sleep. Finally I got some sleep on Saturday night, but not enough to offset the whole miserable week. So it's not surprising that I ran badly in the race on Sunday. I had intended to take a down week this week anyway, though not quite like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment