Monday, December 10, 2012

WEEKLY SUMMARY (December 2-8): 47 miles (87% easy and 13% 10k paces)
  Sunday: 2 E, 10k race in 40:42 (see report below), .8 E (9 miles total)
  Monday: 6 miles at 7:24/mi.
  Tuesday: off
  Wednesday: 13 miles at 7:24/mi.
  Thursday: 6 miles at 7:20/mi.
  Friday: 7 miles at 7:21/mi.
  Saturday: 6 miles at 7:34/mi.

Again I took a day off this week, but still I managed to get a little more than minimum mileage in thanks to a mid-week medium-long run. After Sunday's 10k, which I discussed in my previous post, I recovered well on Monday but had an unrelated stomach problem that prevented me from running on Tuesday. I still felt puny on Wednesday but could manage 13 miles at easy pace well enough. The rest of the week involved ordinary easy runs, with Saturday's extra easy because of another race the following day. So, running-wise, this was a pretty uneventful week between races. I'm quite busy with work right now but am eager, when possible, to quit slacking with running and get back into some more serious training. Next week I hope, once more, to avoid taking any days off, to get back over 50 miles for the week, and to do two quality workouts in addition to the 8k race on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment