Sunday, March 10, 2013

WEEKLY SUMMARY (March 3-9): 30 miles (95% easy and 5% interval paces)
  Sunday: 6 miles at 7:16/mi.
  Monday: 7 miles at 7:12/mi.
  Tuesday: 2.5 E, 2 x 1200m I @ 5:55/mi. pace (800m E), 2 E (7 miles total)
  Wednesday: off
  Thursday: 5 miles at 7:18/mi.
  Friday: off
  Saturday: 5 miles at 7:22/mi.

I didn't run much this week, though my hip has been doing well. On Tuesday I went to the track for the first time in a couple months but took things easy. I just wanted to do a couple longish intervals a bit under 6:00/mi. pace in order to get the feel of it again without wearing myself down. It was overdetermined that I wouldn't run on Wednesday: there was a big storm and I had a migraine. The latter explains my lighter run on Thursday too, when I also switched back to morning running after running in late afternoon (when I could) for most of the past two months because my hip seemed less tight then, in part because it's warmer. On Friday I didn't manage to run in the morning and so just skipped running altogether instead of running later. I'm not naturally a morning person at all, so getting myself onto a morning schedule requires drawing firm lines like that. On Saturday I still felt kind of stunned running in the morning and also took it easy because of the 8k race the next day. That brings my average weekly mileage so far in 2013 to 41.5. That's low in part because of my hip injury, but now I'm doing well enough that a low mileage week like this one is due to plain slacking. In the back of my mind I may also have been trying to get in a little rest before picking things up when Spring races begin (today).

No comments:

Post a Comment